Budget 2020 India: It’s Impact on transportation & logistics
Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman delivered her Union Budget 2020-21 speech on February 1.
Higher logistics costs lead to higher export expenses, which impacts the intensity of Indian products in foreign markets. While the logistics sector is ruled by transportation, containing 85% as worth, trailed by warehousing that contributes the rest 15%, key changes in the transportation can help to significantly cut down the general logistics cost.
Consequently, the budget has accompanied various positive updates for the logistics and transport sector. INR 1.7 lakh crores of funds are allocated for logistics and transportation infrastructure including railway infra upgrade, and investments in warehousing and logistics.