Top 5 Logistics and Transportation Industry Trends in 2021
Digital transformation in the Logistics and Transportation industry is extremely fast-paced. Consumer expectations around product delivery and speed are growing manifold, especially in a COVID world where a majority of purchases are being made online. This is putting immense strain on how logistics and transportation service providers manage their supply chains and embrace trends that aim to optimize warehouse operations and fleet management as well as reduce the overall cost of freight.
5 Logistics and transportation Trends to Watch out in 2021 :
Digital advancements in the business landscapes have put organizations in a tight spot. In 2021, organizations in the logistics and transportation industry will have to embrace cutting edge technologies today to design and sustain supply chain solutions for tomorrow.
Here are 5 trends that are going to shape the future of the logistics and transportation industry in 2021 :
1. Robotic process automation: In 2021, organizations struggling to cater to the ever-increasing volume of customer orders will have to embrace robotic process automation at each step of the fulfillment process and implementation solutions that help optimize and scale warehouse and distribution center capabilities. Robotic process automation, when deployed at warehouses, will enable organizations to drive complete automation across the supply chain.
2. Artificial intelligence : In 2021, AI is set to drive continuous innovation like never before. With the ability to mimic humans and automate manual tasks, this year will see AI-powered systems exhibit human intelligence and improve efficiency – by learning through experience.
AI can also help in predictive and preventive maintenance, improve procurement and planning, optimize fuel consumption, as well as pave the way for substantial inventory optimization.
3. DRONES: As last-mile delivery gets more and more challenging and expensive, logistics companies have been on the lookout for ways in which they can fulfill orders in a timely manner. For such organizations, enabling delivery through drones is going to become a popular choice to improve the efficiency of last-mile delivery while reducing costs.
With enterprises like FedEx, Amazon, and DHL already utilizing drones for delivery, 2021- 22 will see a lot more companies join the bandwagon to improve delivery speed and efficiency, and regulatory authorities smooth the way for drone deliveries.
4. Autonomous Vehicle: In 2021, the possibility of self-driving cars becoming a reality is also huge; studies suggest the autonomous vehicle industry will be worth $556 million by 2026. These autonomous vehicles that can operate without any human assistance will help the sector navigate traffic congestion.
They will also help to reduce the rate while detecting obstacles, monitoring engine conditions, and recommending the best routes for quick delivery of goods between warehouses and consumer locations.
5. IoT – led Sustainability: In 2021, the technology will help deliver on the promise of sustainability – and pave the way for long-term social and economic development. IoT -led innovations will allow organizations to unlock new value while giving greater control over their supply chains.
From offering ways to eliminate wastage to improving energy efficiency: IoT will enable companies to act on real-time data and improve decision-making across energy optimization, customer experience as well as the supply chain.
At Logix Platform, we provide you with a modern machine learning algorithm. Such automation will help eliminate manual tasks, boost order management, improve after-sales service, and alleviate labor shortages while enriching customer experience and enabling business agility. Logix Platform provides Logix TMS which is a fully customized and integrated transport management system to manage the logistics flow. Logix Platform is a cloud-based ERP software which is a modern age ERP system that manages your warehousing, logistics and transportation operations without hassle.